The Classified Senate represents the voice of the classified staff in all participatory governance matters. The Classified Senate also actively collects, evaluates, and disseminates information to the classified staff; provides classified staff with a formal representative voice in recommending institutional policies and procedures, college goals, plans and priorities; and represents the collective interests of the classified staff before or on any governance or college committee.
- To provide classified staff with a formal structure and effective procedure for participation in the College’s Participatory Governance System, including the development of the College Mission, Vision, Values, plans, policies, and matters related to Accreditation.
- To support classified staff participation in college and statewide committees, dealing with governance, planning, and policies.
- To promote professional development for all classified staff.
- To provide leadership opportunities for classified staff.
- To foster communication, understanding and mutual support among the classified staff.
- To provide a centralized means of communication between classified staff and the rest of the college community, including but not limited to, administrators, faculty, students and the Board of Trustees.
2019—2020 Elected Senators
- Maridel Barr, President
- Monica Applegate, Vice President
- Vacant, Secretary
- Vacant, Treasurer
- Candace Hansen
- Janis Olson
- Melanie Palomino
- Oksana Pensabene
- Jenifer Satariano
Constitution & Bylaws
In November 2010, the Classified Senate recommended a revision to the Classified Senate Constitution and Bylaws that updated the documents and clarified procedures to reflect current practice.
The revised Constitution and Bylaws were approved by a majority vote of the Classified Staff on November 29, 2010, and Article III was amended in May 2012.
Constitution, Bylaws, and Statement of Ethics